Based on plant taxonomy, The Research Group of Species Diversity and Conservation at SCBG aims at the origin, evolvement and movement rules of species diversity by species inventory, biogeography and distribution pattern; studying the endangered mechanism of key taxa and the ways to relieve their endangered status by multidisciplinary methods; evaluation, filtration, exploitation and utilization of important plant resources according repertory and exploitation of national strategically plant resources.
1) Species diversity inventory in South China;
2) Distribution pattern, floristic characteristic, origin and evolvement of plant diversity in South China;
3) Principle and methodology of conservation for rare and endangered plants;
4) Taxonomy and conversation biology of key taxa such as Violaceae, Magnoliaceae, Orchidaceae and Ferns;
5) Evaluation, filtration, exploitation and utilization of important landscape plants resources;
6) Conservation biogeography (main in islands and Karst areas).
Principal Investigator: XING Fuwu（Professor / Ph.D.）
CHEN Hongfeng（Associate Professor / Ph.D.）
WANG Faguo（Associate Professor / Ph.D.）
YI Qifei（Associate Professor / Ph.D.）
LIU Dongming（Assistant Professor / Ph.D.）
FU Lin（Assistant Professor / Ph.D.）
YE Wen（Assistant Professor / Ph.D.）